Proud to be a teacher...

*Dedicated to all the Teachers*

*From A School Principal's speech at a graduation......*

*He said "The Doctor wants his child to become a doctor...*
*the Engineer wants his child to become an engineer...*
*The Businessman wants his ward to become CEO...*

*BUT a teacher also wants his child to become one of them, as well..!!*
*Nobody wants to become a teacher BY CHOICE"...*

*Very sad but that's the truth..!!*

*The Dinner Guests Were Sitting Around The Table Discussing Life.*

*One Man, a CEO, Decided to Explain the Problem with Education.*
*He argued, "What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become only a teacher?"*

*To stress his point he said to another guest;*

*"You're a teacher, Mrs Joe. Be honest. What do you make?"*

*Teacher Mrs Joe, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied, "You want to know what I make?*
*(She paused for a second, then began...)*

*"Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.*

*I make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor winner.*

*I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't make them sit for 5 min. without an I- Pod, Game Cube or movie rental.*

*You want to know what I make?*

*(She paused again and looked at each and every person at the table)*

*I make kids wonder.*

*I make them question.*

*I make them apologize and mean it.*

*I make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions.*

*I teach them how to write and then I make them write.*
*Keyboarding isn't everything.*

*I make them read, read, read.*

*I make them show all their work in math.*

*They use their God given brain, not the man-made calculator.*

*I make my students from other countries learn* *everything they need  to know*
while preserving their unique* *cultural identity.*

*I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.*

*Finally, I make them understand that if they use the gifts they were*
*given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life.*

*(Mrs Joe paused one last time and then continued.)*

*Then, when people try to judge me by what I make, with me knowing*
*money isn't everything, I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are ignorant.*

*You want to know what I make?*

*I MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ALL YOUR LIVES,* *EDUCATING KIDS AND PREPARING THEM TO BECOME CEO's, AND DOCTORS AND ENGINEERS...*

*What do you make Mr. CEO? Only money?*

*His jaw dropped; he went silent.*

*THIS IS WORTH SENDING TO EVERY  Teacher you know .*

*Actually very worth sending again & again - especially to those from other professions who think they are above teachers*

 *BE A TEACHER*
*WHERE IT NOT FOR THE TEACHER, WOULD WE BE WHAT WE ARE*
*BE THANKFUL & APPRECIATE THE "TEACHER" WHO MADE US WHAT WE'RE TODAY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

શિક્ષક દિન વિશેષ...

સારવારના સરનામાં

દિન વિશેષ...